You are a Partner in Education. We work together - parents, teachers, staff, administration - to enrich our school community.
WHY DO WE PARTNER?
We partner for our own children, all HCS students, and for the community to create the best educational experience so our children can succeed today and beyond…
And, of course, there are special projects like the Garden for which some of us share our time and talents. Get involved! We plan to meet every month on the 3rd Thursday at 6:30, check this page for details as sometimes the meetings change. Contact a PiE Chairperson.
Meeting minutes are found here: Meeting minutes.We regularly post information about upcoming events in the school newsletter the Viking, and on Facebook .Click here for the Grant Process and Guidelines document. Click here for the Grant Application Form.If you missed the Learning Night about Proficiency Based Learning (PBL) on January 19, 2017, click here to check out the presentation. Here are some common vocabulary terms associated with PBL, and here is some information about how to read a JumpRope report.
Here are some resources from previous Information Nights:Click here to view the March 2016 presentation from school administrators and CVU presenters "All About Academics."Click here to download the Music Dept. PPT from the March 2014 mtg.
Click here to download the Digital Literacy PPT from the April 2014 mtg.Old meeting notes can be found here.
Get Connected with other HCS Partners
Provide input on the events that educate and bring us together. We are PiE.Contact a PiE Ambassador to learn more.The mission of PiE:
click here to read the starfish story
- To support Hinesburg Community School.
- To develop and nurture a partnership between Hinesburg families and HCS so that the parents/guardians and teachers may cooperate in the intellectual, physical, and social development of each child.
- To build a strong and cohesive school community.
- To enhance the educational experience of our students through grants and other donations.
- To provide a forum for parents/guardians and other members of the community to discuss school policies, procedures, curricula, budgets, and other initiatives affecting the school as a whole.
- To encourage the participation of parents/guardians and other members of the community in the decision-making process by offering their expertise and serving the school through volunteering on one or more of its Committees, activities or projects.