Partnership in Education (PiE)
As parents/guardians of
students at Hinesburg Community School, you are automatically part of PiE. You are a Partner in Education. We work together - parents, teachers, staff, administration - to enrich our school community.
We partner for our own
children, all HCS students, and for
the community to create the best
educational experience so our children can succeed
today and beyond…
course, there are special projects
like the Garden for which some of us share our time and talents. Get involved! We plan to meet every month on the 3rd Thursday at 6:30, check this page for details as sometimes the meetings change. Contact a PiE Chairperson.
From Hurtful to Hateful:
Helping Your Teen Navigate the Digital World - Tuesday, April 11, 7:00pm, CVU
Lake Monster Tix on Sale - April 17 - May 19. Game is Sunday, July 2
PiE Planning Meeting - April 20 at 6:30 in the Flex Space
Vermont Comedy Divas at Cedar Knoll - Friday, May 19th, 7:30pm, cash bar and raffle
We regularly post information about upcoming events in the school newsletter the Viking, and on Facebook .
If you missed the Learning Night about Proficiency Based Learning (PBL) on January 19, 2017, click here
to check out the presentation. Here
are some common vocabulary terms associated with PBL, and here
is some information about how to read a JumpRope report.
Here are some resources from previous Information Nights:
- To support Hinesburg Community School.
- To develop and nurture a partnership between Hinesburg families and HCS so that the parents/guardians and teachers may cooperate in the intellectual, physical, and social development of each child.
- To build a strong and cohesive school community.
- To enhance the educational experience of our students through grants and other donations.
- To provide a forum for parents/guardians and other members of the community to discuss school policies, procedures, curricula, budgets, and other initiatives affecting the school as a whole.
- To encourage the participation of parents/guardians and other members of the community in the decision-making process by offering their expertise and serving the school through volunteering on one or more of its Committees, activities or projects.
click here to read the starfish story